Saturday 5 September 2015

Restaurant review - Mainland China!

This was my second time visit to Mainland China - Anna Nagar and I went there the second time because of the wonderful food and amazing experience we had during our first visit.

Both the times we opted for buffets and the spread was wonderful. The cost of a buffet for one person is Rs 640.
The starters consisted of Prawns, Chicken and minced meat and dumplings, fried wontons and soup. The main course had a variety too. My favorite was the Lamb with hot sauce and the Fish in Chilli mustard sauce. We could also try the vegetarian if we opt for a non - vegetarian buffet and that's a plus.

The dessert platter was good I would say. Just, for the fact that the dishes were not exquisite. They had ice creams of three flavors, meery mousse - a coconut and creamy mousse, a chocolate tart, gateaux, silk cake (I never tried that) and Darsaan. Darsaan was my favorite last time and this time.

Overall, a memorable day and good food but, heavy on the pocket too. The vat and service charges came upto an amount wherein another person could've had another buffet.

Here are the pictures.


The table we dined at.


The buffet section, one part of it as the others weren't filled up.


My plate of food.


His plate of food. A typical foodie's plate.



Longshot of his plate with some pickled veggies.


The dessert side.

Very good experience and I would rate the Restaurant a 4/5. 4 because of the cost.

Hope you enjoyed reading. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment