Saturday 7 March 2015

Nuts and Vanilla loaf cake!

It was another weekday and I got off from work and back home. I was tired and stressed so, I decided to bake after a really long time and I did. I browsed through a lot of recipes and read some of my own too and decided to bake some cookies and then my mom changed my mind and asked me to bake a cake.

I got convinced though I was irritated. But, for a change I decided on a Loaf cake which I haven't tried at all and when I browsed online there were like only a couple of loaf cake recipes so, that was it. I had to bake a loaf cake.
The ingredients and method is almost similar to a cake recipe except for the fact that the time taken to bake is longer and the softness and texture of the cake is better than a normal one.

Ingredients:

  •  1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  •  3/4 + 1 tbsp sugar 
  •  1 tsp baking powder
  •  a pinch of salt
  •  1/2 cup milk
  •  100 grams unsalted butter
  •  2 eggs
  •  1 tbsp vanilla essence
  •  Nuts- I used cashews and almonds(I did not chop them, rather added them whole and arranged some on the top of the loaf)

Method:

  • Sift dry ingredients consisting of flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside
  • In a bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy
  • Add vanilla and mix well
  • Add one egg at a time and beat well
  • Add the dry ingredients into the wet mix followed by milk
  • The addition of dry ingredients should end with addition of milk, eg) Add flour, beat and add milk, beat then flour and then milk etc..
  • Now you will have a fluffy creamy and yummy mixture
  • Spoon this into a loaf pan that is buttered and ready, Arrange and decorate nuts as per your choice
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for almost an hour
  • I kept checking whether its cooked every 15 mins after 30 mins of continuous baking.

Cool on a wire rack and slice into a heavenly vanilla cake.


This is how the cake looked. More like a loaf of bread but, extremely soft and yummy.


Hope you enjoyed reading.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment