Saturday 7 March 2015

DIY - Lip Scrub!

As promised here's a DIY I did recently and it worked wonders.

I had chapped lips, especially the upper lip. No matter what I tried nothing worked. I tried moisturizing it everyday, using soft bristles to scrub it but no!! It was chapped and so very dry that my dry skin was falling off.

I have Vaseline petroleum jelly at home and I love the benefits of it. So, I saw some video somewhere that honey and sugar can be mixed together for a lip scrub but, I didn't feel much of a difference and I thought Why not, Vaseline and sugar.
So, I gathered it up and got mixing.


Steps:


1.                   Take a small dollop of Vaseline and pinch of sugar. 
2.                   Mix it well. This doesn't need a fancy container or a spatula, can be done on your wrist or the space just above your thumb.
3.                   Massage this mixture gently on your damaged lips for about 3 to 4 minutes. Massage it well, not too harsh.
4.                   Wipe with a clean tissue and wash off if required.
5.                   Apply Vaseline or a Lip balm if needed. I used Maybelline Baby Lips.
6.                   Voila! My dry lips were so soft and there were no flakes. 


This is how it looked after I mixed Vaseline and sugar.

This is my first DIY post and I'm hoping to do more. Hope I'm good at it and hope you enjoyed reading.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment