Monday 25 January 2016

Prawn Calzone - Recipe!

My experiments with yeast are not that great. That's changed now. The other day we went shopping and I picked up Instant yeast at a supermarket. It's not easy finding instant yeast near by my place.

I was searching for recipes that included yeast and I was not too convinced that I could make it. But, I saw a recipe for Calzone on raks kitchen and I instantly decided to make it.

Gathered all the ingredients and in no time it was out of the oven and into our stomachs. It was that good. I tweaked the recipe a bit and added prawns for the filling.

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
  • 1 tsp Instant yeast
  • 1 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Italian seasoning
  • Pasta sauce or ketchup - as per requirement
  • Mozarella cheese 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup - shredded
  • Prawn masala filling


Method:


  • Add flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a wide mouthed bowl, mix.
  • Warm up water and milk, it should be luke warm or the yeast will die if its too hot.
  • Add the water and milk into the flour by making a dent in the pile of flour.
  • Add oil and knead well. I kneaded it for about 5 mins.
  • Use cling film to close the mouth of the bowl and keep in a warm place.
  • I kept mine in the oven.
  • After an hour, the dough would have doubled in size. Punch down the air and knead again.
  • Make 3 to 4 small balls and flatten using your fingers.
  • Place the stuffing in and pinch around to make a purse like form.
  • Pinch on all sides and make sure there is no opening.
  • Before you close the dough around the stuffing don't forget to place the cheese.
  • Place in a baking tray and bake in a pre heated oven for 20 to 25 mins.
  • Each oven is different, mine took around 20 mins to cook and extra 5 mins to brown on top.
  • Allow to cool a bit on a rack and serve with sauce or any salads.
Here are the pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment